David Andrew Strackany is a folk musician who plays under the moniker Paleo. A year or so ago I found Paleo through Pandora or something like that. I never really paid much attention to him and he sat in my library patiently waiting for me to rediscover him when I was ready. I came upon the album I had downloaded months before and I like it but it was a bit upbeat for the kind of folk I was expecting from the voice I was hearing and I thought to myself that he could make stellar quiet calm relaxing folk music. Little did I know he had been recording a song every day while on tour around the country. These songs were available on his webpage. I downloaded most of what I could find but I could only come up with 149 songs. Most of the songs start out in a similar fashion. Most songs start out with the line "Time and Time again." It sounds like you can't do much with that template but David takes each song in a new direction filling each song with beautiful lyrics and really heartfelt instrumentation. Recorded mostly on the road the song diary is as hauntingly beautiful as it is Lo-fi. If you dissect some of the songs you get a picture of a emotionally unstable and generally depressed man who just happened to be blessed with an amazing gift for songwriting. This collection will probably stay a favorite of mine until I'm gray and old. No song feels rushed or half assed. I've also included his latest album in which he goes back to his upbeat folk. Be warned though most songs in the song diary are labeled Sunday Prayer (Roman numeral) so if you want to keep track of your favorite songs you'll need to label them yourselves or heart them or favorite them (Whatever your music player does). I also plan on purchasing the entire DVD so upon request I may be able to upload all of it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?d06q6yfg18hyamy
http://www.mediafire.com/?bfhnt95okacopty
http://www.mediafire.com/?e96mi2ed796efl5
http://www.mediafire.com/?x6cxynyvdvo57ob

No comments:
Post a Comment