Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thieves Like Us - Bleed Bleed Bleed


Thieves Like Us first made their way into my library about a year or so ago and to be honest I didn't really care for them at first. Bleed Bleed Bleed is their fourth studio album and my favorite for sure. This album could likely make it's way onto my AOTY 2012 list.  Their sound has changed a bit between the album I first heard and their latest. In Steps was the last TLU I heard and it was much more upbeat and almost had a nu-disco feeling to it. Bleed Bleed Bleed has slowed down considerably. The album is full of relaxing and fairly mellow tunes that come off as incredibly catchy. I know that Indielectronica isn't a generally accepted term but it fits so well here I can't help but describe it that way. If I had to be a bit more specific I'd likely classify Bleed Bleed Bleed as mellow and almost funky synthpop. This year's been great for music so far. Get excited people!



No comments:

Post a Comment