Monday, April 23, 2012
The Black Angles - I'd Rather Be lonely single
So I finally made it to a record store day after a year or two of me not being able to make the deadline and what have you. This was a little gem I picked up at the closest record store I could get to. The Black Angels are a psychedelic rock outfit out of Texas that I've always been meaning to check out. I've heard a lot about The Black Angles and their level of praise greatly varies each time. I've heard them called garbage while on the other hand I've been recommended them many times. I've heard one of their previous albums and it was a tab bit dark for my taste. Anyway I heard they were putting out something for RSD and I looked into it and it happens to be on orange cream vinyl. I put this on my list and picked it up. Once I got home I gave all my new records a few plays and this turned out to be my favorite purchase of the day. On this single I see a pretty big change from the last time I heard them. This single is much more relaxing and much more 60s influenced. The single has two songs on it but when I went to go download the album via the download coupon inside I found that an extra track was included. It turns out they covered The Zombies's She's Not There. Lemme tell you. They do it flawlessly, you often forget you're even listening to a cover. Check these guys out as soon as you can.
http://www.mediafire.com/?kasdvcaa8jngp4d
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment