Thursday, March 8, 2012
The KVB - Always Then
Surprisingly facebook can be a useful tool for finding new music. I "liked" an artist's page and I saw a post in my stream that mentioned that they had just released their debut album. Not only was I excited to hear that I also found out that the artist I had been listening to was actually a side project for another band called The KVB. The KVB is a dark and noisy post-punk band that reminds me of a much more harsh Trust. This album is about as dark as I can stand. Their sound teeters on and off with a shoegazey kind of sound. They do a cover or These Boots are Made for Walkin' that is dark and very noisy. You can barely hear what he's saying but if you can make out what he's saying you can hear the chorus through the droning of distorted guitar. Definitely worth a listen, not usually my style but that could all change after hearing this album.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment