Monday, February 13, 2012
Sare Havlicek - Toscana Nights
When you first hear about nu-disco you're ought to image a very straight disco sound full of funky riffs and danceable beats. Although what you get more often than not is electronic music that has a very synthpoppy feel with disco elements thrown in. Don't get me wrong; I love that sort of sound. I really do. But sometimes I wish nu-disco had more of a classic disco/funk sound. Toscana Nights gives you the electronic sound of modern music while staying close to classic disco. You get a true blending of the two. You might want to call this record a straight disco album but you can hear enough modern elements and modern ideas that coincide with the nu-disco of today. On "White Russian" you're greeted with a harsh buzzing synth. It quickly shifts to the familiar wah sound that you get out of some of the funk or disco of the 70s. I'd definitely love more of this sound on nu-disco records.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment